Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center Membership Policy
Create a fair and balanced structure in a safe environment.
Program, services, facilities, participants of Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center
The following polices are intended for your safety and convenience. We value all of our members and strive to provide a welcoming, friendly recreation environment.
- The KHLC is a controlled access facility. Only authorized users are allowed entry. The KHLC is intended for the use and enjoyment of current KUMC students and other authorized members of the KUMC Community.
- All eligible participants must present a valid KUMC (or KHLC) ID to the Membership Assistant at the Welcome Desk of the KHLC.
- Current members may enter the KHLC three times ONLY during one semester with the use of a United States government or state government issued non-University of Kansas/ KUMC document/identification card.
- Document/identification card must have a current picture of the member. For example, members could use their driver's license, DMV identification card, military ID or passport as long as it has an identifying picture and name on it.
- Other non-official IDs that do not have pictures, such as social security cards will not be accepted.
- Appropriate ID must be presented upon each entry to gain admittance to the KHLC. No ID = No Entry.
- ID cards are non-transferable and for the exclusive use of the person named on the card.
- Cards will be confiscated (involved parties subject to disciplinary action) if presented by anyone other than the rightful owner.
- Participants must possess and display upon request, appropriate identification.
- Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center reserves the right to request identification from a participant at any time they are using facilities or services administrated or overseen by KHLC.
- Non-members, suspended members or expired members will not be allowed access to the KHLC.
- Any misuse of valid IDs and improper entry is subject to disciplinary action including immediate removal and suspension from the KHLC and further university discipline.
- Photocopies of a KU, KUMC or KHLCphoto ID are not acceptable.
- If the photo, name or ID number(s) are not visible on a KUMC or KHLC card, the card is not considered valid.
- Your cooperation in presenting proper identification is expected at all times.
- Entry and exit of the KHLC must always be through the designated main entrance and exit.
- Individuals entering or exiting through non-designated doors are subject to disciplinary action.
- Non-members who will not be participating in activities which are sponsored, administered and/or managed by Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center; or spectators of an event sponsored by an entity renting facility space within the KHLC, may enter the KHLC.
- The following three classifications of non-participants are allowed into the KHLC:
- Spectators who wish to view an Intramural sport or contest
- Spectators of a Special Event
- Members of a tour
- Spectator(s) who are family members of an Intramural or Special Event participant can enter if they are 14 or older.
- The participant and spectator must complete a Non-Participation Agreement at the Welcome Desk before being allowed to enter.
- Spectator(s) under the age of 14, who are family members of an Intramural or Special Event participant, may enter under the following conditions:
- They may watch at court side seating or specified areas (not on playing surface) within the building as long as they are accompanied by an adult (other than the participant of the Intramural competition or Special Event) at all times.
- The adult must be 18 years of age or older.
- The participant and accompanying adult must complete a Non-Participant Agreement. Please identify the minor's name next to the participant's name.
- Unattended minors under the age of 14 are never allowed.
- Spectators are not allowed for the following activities:
- KHLC Group Fitness Classes
- Personal Training/Group Training/Boot Camp
- Informal/Open Recreation activities
- Exercise activities within the CST areas and track
- The participant is responsible for the conduct of their spectator(s).
- The staff of Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center reserves the right to eject or remove a spectator(s) or non-members(s) from the KHLC at any time.
Visiting members that wish to engage in physical activity, exercise programing and or other programs are eligible to do so, under the following conditions:
- Be hosted by a current, validated KHLC member, and be a minimum age of 14.
- Purchase a guest pass at a daily rate of $8 at the Welcome Center.
- Guest pass is valid only on the date shown on the receipt.
- Daily guest passes expire at closing time for date issued.
- Guests are expected to complete a liability release form prior to entering the activity area.
- Guests are required to present a photo ID (i.e. Drivers License) to the membership staff at the time of purchase.
- The sponsoring member is responsible for the conduct and action of the guest(s).
- Guests are not allowed to enter/use KHLC if the sponsoring member is not present.
- A guest cannot host another guest.
- Guest may check out equipment with a valid ID.
- KHLC reserves the right to deny approval of guest pass transactions.
- Soliciting to gain access to KHLC is prohibited
- Guest pass for group fitness classes is $10. Guest pass for group personal training is $20.
- KU and KUMC alumni are eligible for day rate guest passes with KU/KUMC alumni card or documentation in addition to photo ID.
Current Students (KUMC campus):
KUMC students currently enrolled and assessed student fees on the KUMC campus are automatic members of the KHLC via payment of the Required Campus Fee for the current semester. Students should check their Enroll & Pay account to confirm payment of this fee for the current term.
Students not assessed campus fees have the option of paying $15 per month. Examples of this scenario include online students, part time students or affiliated students.
Current Students (KU Edwards Campus & KU Medical Center):
KU students who are currently enrolled on the KU Edwards Campus or at the KU Lawrence campus are eligible to purchase a membership to the KHLC for $15 per month. These students were not assessed the Required Campus Fee for the KUMC campus. Currently enrolled students must bring KU Photo Identification and proof of enrollment. Verification of current enrollment status will occur prior to purchase and activation of membership.
Faculty/Staff who are currently employed on the Lawrence campus, Edwards campus or at the KU Medical Center are eligible to purchase a membership to the KHLC. Verification of status will occur prior to activation of membership. Currently employed faculty/staff must bring KU/KUMC Photo Identification with them.
Currently employed faculty/staff are eligible for a one-time 30 day membership for $30 trial.
KU/KUMC Affiliates are eligible to purchase a membership to the KHLC Verification of status will occur prior to purchase and activation of membership. Currently employed affiliates must bring KU/KUMC Photo Identification with them.
Approved affiliate categories include the following:
Kansas Union employees
KU Athletic Corporation
**KU Religious Advisors
**Fraternity/Sorority House Directors
**Recognized as an Affiliate category by KHLC; not recognized as an Affiliate
KU/KUMC retirees are eligible to purchase a membership to the KHLC. Verification of status will occur prior to activation of membership. Retirees must bring KU/KUMC Photo Identification with them.
Spouse, family members or friends of currently enrolled KUMC students and currently employed Faculty/Staff, Retirees and Affiliates are eligible to purchase a membership to the KHLC. Current members or students may sponsor one additional member.
Current members or enrolled students may sponsor up to 3 family members. Family members must provide proof of same residence in the form of a bill with address, driver’s license or other document.
This membership option is available to guest scholars assigned to an academic department on the KUMC campus. A guest scholar is not eligible to receive a KU Photo ID as an Affiliate or Faculty/Staff and thus is considered a visiting scholar for KHLC membership eligibility. The individual interested in the membership and the Department Chair/Designee must sign a Waiver & Release of Liability.
KU departments hosting conferences may purchase access to the KHLC for their conference attendees. Arrangements can be made so that attendees can use the KHLC over the course of the conference. For more information, contact the Director, KHLC.
See KHLC Fee Matrix
CATEGORY DAY WEEK MONTH SEMESTER ANNUAL
Non-fee assessed student: $15/month
Guest Day Pass $8
Auxiliary pass (hospital guest): $0
Forms of Payment:
KHLC accepts the following forms of payment for memberships:
- Master Card
- Discover Card
KU Recreation Services does NOT accept the following for payment:
- Beak ‘Em Bucks
- Foreign Currency
Please make all checks payable to KU Recreation Services.
All check amounts must be written for exact amount of sale.
All credit card sales will be made for the exact amount of sale.
There is a $30 charge for any check or other payment instrument which fails to clear the bank or institution upon which it is drawn.
Change may not always be available for bills larger than $20. Exact change or small bills is greatly appreciated.
Payroll Deduction is available to Faculty/Staff employed by the University of Kansas KUMC campus. Enrollment may happen at any time. Termination requires a 60 day written notice to the Director or by emailing email@example.com.
- Refunds will only be granted for memberships for one of the following reasons:
- Employment from the University of Kansas is terminated. Verification will be made with Human Resources.
- Medical emergencies that inhibit the member from utilizing the KU SFRC. Written documentation is required from a physician.
- Refunds for memberships will be based on time remaining on membership, not the entire amount.
- There are to be no refunds of the Required Campus Fee for currently enrolled KU-Lawrence campus students.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that he/she is getting the best membership option. KU Recreation Services staff may make suggestions but is not held responsible for overpayment.
The outdoor green space located on the south side of the Olathe parking garage is available for reservation for special events upon request. Priority usage has been established by KUMC Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center and KUMC Student Services. This space is available for open recreation, and is available for reservation by university and community groups. Please contact Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center for inquiries pertaining to availability, scheduling, and authorized use of these fields.
- The following policies have been established by KHLC staff for the safety and enjoyment of participants:
- Firearms/Fireworks are not permitted on fields, grassy areas or in parking lots
- Alcohol and glass are not permitted on fields, grassy areas or in parking lots
- No hitting of golf balls and no archery on fields or grassy areas
- No unauthorized vending
- Vehicles and bikes are not permitted on fields or grassy areas. Please use parking lots provided
- No vehicles, other than KUMC service vehicles, are allowed on the fields
- Fields may be closed due to inclement weather (lightning, excessive rain), problems with irrigation, poor drainage of fields, etc.
- Under lightning conditions, activity outdoors is not to resume until at least 30 minutes after seeing the last lightning or hearing the last thunder.
- KUMC Student Services or KHLC Staff reserve the right to discontinue activities at any time.
- Please report any field hazard to the KHLC Staff on duty or to KUMC Student Services. Field hazards include but are not limited to the following: holes in field, irrigation head protruding, sharp objects, rocks, excessive water, etc.
- Please help keep the Fields, grassy areas, and parking lots clean for all participants. Please dispose of waste items in the trash cans provided. Littering is not allowed in any area. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Amber Long, Director
Kirmayer Healthy Lifestyle Center
05/06/2016: Removed Date Last Reviewed
04/21/2015: Last reviewed. Minor Formatting fixes, added jump-down links, updated URL.