KUMC Policy for ADD/ADHD
The purpose is for a provider at KUMC Student Health Services to initiate a treatment plan, or continue an existing plan for medication.
This policy will impact the health and safety concerns for students and maintain patient safety.
Students on KUMC Campus only
Treatment of ADD/ADHD at KUMC Student Health Services
In order for a provider at KUMC Student Health Services to initiate a treatment plan, or continue an existing plan for medication, the student must:
- Schedule an appointment with one of the KUMC Student Health physicians
- Provide documentation of a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation within the last 4 years that includes:
- Copies of at least two diagnostic tests done as part of an adult evaluation (examples: WAIS III; Woodcock-Johnson III Cognitive and Achievement Test; Connor AD/HD Rating Scale; Conners Continuous Performance Test),
- Identification of the current functional issues,
- A diagnostic statement, with clinical diagnosis, from the mental health professional who administered the testing,
- A recommendation by the evaluator for a prescription as part of the treatment plan.
Please note that any significant event that would affect diagnosis/function since the last evaluation will necessitate updated testing.
Failure to comply with policies may affect treatment decisions.
KUMC Student Health Services Director
Student Center 1012
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
Testing requirements are based on current diagnostic guidelines, the policies and procedures of the Counseling and Educational Support Center and the policy at Watkins Health Center in Lawrence.
9/27/16: Reviewed no changes.
05/06/2016: Removed Date Last Reviewed
08-2005, 6-2013, 3-2014, 3-25-2015