To affirm the University’s support and commitment to the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act and Family Medical Leave Act.
Faculty and staff appointed to regular positions.
The University of Kansas recognizes and supports our country’s service members and their families in peace, crisis and war. The University enforces the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) which provide enhanced leave rights and job protections for employees and defined family members absent for military duty or military related activities.
Military leave requests with accompanying military orders should be forwarded through the University department to Human Resource Management for review and approval. For the full process on requesting military leave, please visit the Human Resource Management Website.
Department of Human Resource Management
103 Carruth-O’Leary Hall
1246 W. Campus Road
Lawrence, KS 66045
- Updated statement to say Human Resource Management
- added link to direct to more information on requesting military leave.
04/28/2016: Updated Review Date
09/03/2015: Updated Review Date
- Updated Human Resources/HR to Human Resource Management/HRM
- Added Purpose
- Added “Applies to” to reflect regular positions and campuses
- Added policy statement
- Moved “Related Policies” to “Related Other”
- Added FMLA Policy to “Related Policies”
01/22/2015: Policy formatting cleanup (e.g., bolding, spacing).